Welcome to Your "From Field to Fair®" Journey
Every year, America's farmers and ranchers work hard to feed, clothe and fuel the world. They take care of animals and the natural resources we have on earth, like land and water. In fact, most farmers and ranchers will tell you that they started working in agriculture because they love animals and the land. They want to care for them so that children like you can enjoy these great things in the future.
This is called "sustainability". If you break it down, it means "the ability to sustain" or "to last for a very long time". For example, a farmer wants to keep growing food for you and me for a very long time. They take care of the soil by making sure it does not blow away in the wind or wash away when it rains. They make sure the right nutrients (food for plants) are in the soil. They work with the soil so they can grow plants in the future! This is sustainability!
Play all of the games by clicking here to find out what you can do to support the sustainability of American agriculture. Just like we use passports to keep track of countries we visit, this passport will help you keep track of your journey through the "From Field to Fair®" Program.
- Cut out your passport and apply glue to the edges and down the middle of one half of the back of your SC State Fair Passport.
- Fold the passport in half sticking the top half to the bottom half.
- Fold the passport in half again to form a booklet.
- Start playing! When you finish a game, cut out and glue the stamp from each reward into your passport.
- To become a SC State Fair Ambassador of Agriculture, you must download and present the SC State Fair Passport with all 15 game stickers applied.
To be eligible to become a SC State Fair Ambassador of Agriculture, you MUST download and complete the SC State Fair Passport. CLICK THE LOGO BELOW TO BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO BECOME AN AMBASSADOR OF AGRICULTURE!
MY AMERICAN FARM™ and PASSPORT TO SUSTAINABILITY™ are trademarks owned by the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture, and are used under license; DUPONT® and PIONEER® are trademarks owned by DuPont Pioneer and are used under license.